At LRF, the three most important things are family, horse racing partnerships, and Del Mar. Last years blog highlighted 25 great things to do in Del Mar. 25 was not enough. We're at it again. Without further adieu….
The Top 25 Things to Do in Del Mar 2016.
1. Attend the Carma Poker Tournament - July 16th. This message sponsored by Madeline Auerbach. There is no better organization in California to place our retired horses. For a syndicate manager this allows us to sleep better at night. Sleep is important. So, is your relationship with Madeline.
2. Paddle Boarding. You can’t just get drunk on the Veranda all summer. Each year we try something new. Preferably in the water. Everyone raves about Fulcrum Paddle School. Wish us luck. We’re coming for you next year scuba diving.
3. The Mission Cafe. Best pancakes in San Diego. The only issue. It's not close to Del Mar. Hit it on the way to the San Diego Zoo. Or if you're visiting your college kid living on Mission Beach. Kudos to your parenting skills btw if you have a kid living on Mission Beach.
4. L'Auberge for Cocktails. People ask where to go to meet that special someone. We "hear" this is the spot. But, we're married, so we can't officially say for sure.
5. Saddle Bar for Drinks. People ask where to go meet anyone other than than that special someone. We "hear" this is the spot. But....
6. The New Children’s Museum - Downtown. This is the perfect spot - for your wife to take the kids for an afternoon while you’re at the racetrack on the Veranda with us. The kids will LOVE it. Your wife will love you for suggesting it. And you won’t care about either because you’re too busy trying to hit the exacta in the next race.
7. Handel's Ice Cream - Encinitas. Just opened and you've never tasted anything like it. You've also never seen a wait. There are more people in line than at Santa Anita on a Thursday.
8. Solo - Solana Beach. I've never walked out of this home store without buying something. The last time I purchased this Aaron Franklin gem. He’s the best pitmaster in America. So, really you're getting two for one here. You now have a great new home store and your summer reading.
9. Del Mar BBQ Championship. Did someone say BBQ? Sunday July 17th, the official tour, KSBS, makes a stop at our favorite racetrack. Championship BBQ and LRF running Midnight Storm in the G2 Eddie Read. When people talk about dream days… this is our version of it.
10. Take a New LRF Partner to Dinner. Guess what…That couple you always see in the paddock… they are cool, like you. Introduce yourself and remind them besides winning races lately the LRF Racing Club is also responsible for many new friendships. And tell them LRF will contribute $50 towards the meal. That’s a good deal for maybe meeting a new lifelong friend.
11. Zoomars - San Juan Capistrano. As you can see, we’re adding kid friendly items to this years blog. Jump on the train and enjoy a fun morning at the mother of all petting zoos. Don't believe us. Ask TVG’s Christina Olivares Blacker. Or don’t, and just run into her there every time.